Handout K: Focus Questions
Directions: Define the term “perseverance,” then answer the questions below.
- Where have you heard the word “persevere” or “perseverance” before?
- What is the difference between “persistence” and “perseverance”?
- Who are some people who have persevered?
- Look at the various goals pursued. Are some “better” than others?
- Can dedication to a purpose be bad?
- In what areas of your life have you persevered?
- Is there a difference between “obstinacy” and “perseverance”?
- For what ideals should we persevere?
- Does a persevering person ever give up?
- How did the people who participated in the Civil Rights movement persevere?