The Bill of Rights Institute offers a variety of exceptional career opportunities in a small entrepreneurial environment. The Institute is always looking for talented individuals who have a passion for educating people about the Constitution. Our solid Organizational Principles govern our day-to-day decisions and interactions with others to maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity in fulfilling our educational mission.
With an active network of approximately one-quarter of the nation’s secondary school teachers in subjects including history, social studies, civics, and economics, the Institute anticipates significant growth in outreach to educators and students alike.
Positions include those directly involved in educational programs and curriculum development for teachers, students, and others, as well as important roles in development/fundraising, research, communications, marketing, and operations. Supportive roles include database administration, program analytics/reporting & evaluation, and human resources management. We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds and college majors to help us fulfill our educational mission. Our Organizational Principles are an important part of how we conduct ourselves and perform our work. Organizational Principles
All applications and employment inquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Experienced educators can join our network of dedicated teachers throughout the U.S. who help the Bill of Rights Institute on a freelance basis. Assignments include curricula review, writing, editing, e-lesson development, teacher professional development, seminar presenters, etc. If you are interested in a freelance (Independent Contractor) role on either a short-term or long-term basis, please share your qualifications and interest with us by applying under the Teacher Network Consultant posting or by submitting a General Application.
The Institute offers a variety of internships in marketing, development, educational programs, and support functions. See the internship information below.
Our internship programs for college students and recent graduates provide hands-on professional experience in a continuous learning environment.
We offer internships throughout the year in the areas of education programs, curriculum development, fund raising, communications, marketing, IT, operations, and human resources. With a small work environment, students get hands-on experience within and outside their area of focus and learn how a not-for-profit organization functions to maximize its educational mission. We will consider all college majors for our internships.
You can apply for an internship through the job links for posted internship opportunities or through the General Application.
Rewards for working at the Bill of Rights Institute
We offer a comprehensive and competitive total rewards program to our staff including:
- Flexible schedules including flex-time and telecommuting arrangements
- Professional and collegial work environment with staff committed to education
- Flex-vacation for salaried staff where vacation days are not limited by policy; staff can arrange vacation best suited for their work and department
- Health Insurance – The Institute pays the majority of premiums for employees and eligible family members
- Volunteer Day – one paid day a year to do volunteer work
- Subsidized parking and subway/metro benefits
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Professional development opportunities through the Institute and affiliate not-for-profit organizations
- Paid Sick Leave for employee’s own illness, for medical appointments, or to care for an eligible family member
- Up to four weeks of paid caregiver/parental leave
- Life and Disability Insurance paid by the Institute
- Employee Assistance Program with wellness benefits and coaching
- Supplemental benefits such as a pre-paid legal plan, critical illness insurance, dependent life insurance, etc.
The Institute does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or search firms.