Information for Parents
Are you the parent of a student interested in attending Constitutional Academy? We know that making the choice to send your child to Washington, D.C. for a week is a big decision.
The safety and well-being of every student that attends Constitutional Academy is the first priority of our team. If you have questions at any time during the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Laura Vlk or any member of our team and we will be happy to assist you.
When will the Academy be held?
The Constitutional Academy is held July 10-14, 2017
What is the cost of the program?
$2,000. Students will be notified upon their acceptance to the program whether or not they will receive a full or partial scholarship. Both full and partial scholarships are available. All students who submit an application will be reviewed for a scholarship.
What are the “Nitty-Gritty” Details?
- Program lodging as well as all sessions and meals will take place at Marymount University in Arlington, Virginia (lodging and meals are covered in the cost of the program).
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off at Washington Reagan International Airport will be provided.
- Students will be shuttled via private charter bus to all off-campus venues.
- All venue entrance fees are covered in the cost of the program.
- 24-hour adult supervision from arrival in D.C. throughout the week is strictly enforced.
Is there adequate adult supervision?
Students will have 24-hour adult supervision starting with the time that they arrive in Washington, D.C. to the time that they leave. The dormitories are staffed by Bill of Rights Institute employees and the program campus is a small private campus with its own security force. A code of conduct, signed by students and parents is vigorously enforced.
What will my child will do while attending the Academy?
- Attend and participate in panel discussions, lectures, and discussions with scholars, university professors, subject matter experts, and thought leaders
- Develop a Digital Citizenship project with a group of their peers
- Visit museums, monuments, and memorials
- Explore Capitol Hill and engage in conversations with members of Congress, their staffs, etc.
- Sightseeing tours of historic monuments and memorials in Washington, D.C.
- For a great overview of the experience, check out our 2015 recap!
How will this program put my child ahead of their peers?
- By experiencing a dynamic week-long campus residential program in Washington, D.C., your student will be prepared for university-level learning, discussions, and critical thinking.
- Participants gain first-hand knowledge of college and career opportunities in politics, policy, journalism, law, and economics.
- During discussions, lectures, and hands-on activities, students gain important knowledge on how to be an effective citizen and principled leader.
- Students will expand their world view, make new friends, and walk away with an increased passion for learning, liberty, and more!
Should we book a flight as soon as my child applies?
Please wait to book a flight until your child receives an acceptance letter from the Bill of Rights Institute with further directions.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the Academy?
Please feel free to contact Laura Vlk, Program Manager for the Constitutional Academy, at email@example.com or 703.894.1776 x 20.